Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2017-09-20, 21:52:33
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Open Nod Development section of e-mods.net.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Embrace map question  (Read 6519 times)

Mort

• Team
Re: Embrace map question
« Reply #15 on: 2006-07-26, 23:56:33 »

Hey, got another question for ya.

How do you change the sound of the door opening and closing?  Instead of the normal door sound when you open it, im wanting the crypt door sound.  For example, the sound im wanting is for the door in the monestary entrance when you first enter it.

how do you change the sound to it?
"Ordog, when I said "Give me some gold," I meant to do some cool moves; not drop a bag of gold.."

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #16 on: 2006-07-27, 00:06:48 »

-First select your door brush then press n
-Scroll up a little ways from the tracker_thing object till you find a DOORS template parent
-Open it up and rummage through it.
-Select the one you want and press apply template.

This should change your door sounds to various door type templates.

TIP: If all you're doing is basic template editing, use the quick object export feature next time you export your map. The quick object export feature only works after your map has been given a full export at least once. To use Quick Object export just choose the 'Objects Only' button from the export window before clicking 'Export'.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Mort

• Team
« Reply #17 on: 2006-07-30, 03:54:52 »

thanks for all the great help and tips. :)

is there anywhere i can get the .map files for vienna, prague, newyork, and london?
"Ordog, when I said "Give me some gold," I meant to do some cool moves; not drop a bag of gold.."

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #18 on: 2006-07-30, 10:34:04 »

"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Barnabas

« Reply #19 on: 2010-03-27, 10:14:45 »

I have a problem with floors, that tasks me for months now. In some of my maps parts of a floorbrush is not walkable ingame. Its flagged as walkable in Embrace, but ingame the Player cant walk on parts of the brush - the rest of the brush is walkable. There are no sectorborders, no other brushes, no details, no probs on the brush. Does anyone know that problem? Btw - I tried to make new floorbrushs, but again the same parts are not walkable.....
Sorry for my bad english ...

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #20 on: 2010-03-27, 11:40:00 »

Check your walls and surrounding architecture. Other brushes that connect to the floor maybe affecting it. Usually you can spot a brush that is causing issues by seeing seams in the shadows.

Kaelidian

« Reply #21 on: 2010-03-27, 18:47:21 »

theres also a console command to disable the need for item identification too itemstatcheck false or something like that right?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #22 on: 2010-03-28, 10:38:16 »

No. The noitemstatcheck is used only to allow anyone to equip an item without meeting its requirements.

Barnabas

« Reply #23 on: 2010-03-28, 12:43:50 »

Ok, I solved the problem with the floor. There were a few pillows, that seemed to cause the problem. Now I have another problem. I made a chronicle for the first maps and made a testrun. A few minutes, everthing seemed to be ok, but then parts of the Interface disappeared. Looked like that:

Does anyone know this problem?
Sorry for my bad english ...

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #24 on: 2010-03-28, 13:12:54 »

Hmm... video card fowl up? If your texture memory is limited, you might want to consider using smaller texture sizes. On the other hand, there could be several factors at work. I can't say much with certainty unless I can test the map on my end.

gschenker

« Reply #25 on: 2010-04-17, 09:12:40 »

I got a problem with the Embrace. Although I put a prop item with a double-click - a Red Ferrari car from the gigapack.NOT - into my edited map, the Ferrari is still "invisible" or it does not exists on the map in runtime . I can see the placed car in my map with Embrace, and I can take it with SHIFT+left-click and I can move it anywhere where I want, but after exporting my map, on the running chronicle the car doesn't seems. It's simply disappears from the edited map.

What should be the cause of my problem? Can you help me, guys?  ??? ::)
« Last Edit: 2010-04-17, 09:19:39 by gschenker »

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #26 on: 2010-04-17, 12:03:38 »

Check to make sure you don't have layers active.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 19 queries.