Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2017-09-20, 07:28:59
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Open Nod Development section of e-mods.net.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Embrace map question  (Read 6517 times)

Mort

• Team
Embrace map question
« on: 2006-07-02, 01:52:44 »

hey, im making a clubish type map, and currently im working on a dance floor.  If anyone has seen "The Red Spike" club in BT Dallas map or somewhere, there is a dancefloor that is reflectable, but you can also see a faded marble texture.  I was wondering if anyone can help me make this effect.  ive tried adding the marble texture than adding reflect and no draw to it, but its a pure mirror image. any help is appreciated.

"Ordog, when I said "Give me some gold," I meant to do some cool moves; not drop a bag of gold.."

nomen illi mors

Re: Embrace map question
« Reply #1 on: 2006-07-02, 06:04:52 »

Did you also try the texture they used in the cathedral in prague; St Thomas?
Looks like the same effect to me...

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #2 on: 2006-07-02, 09:25:55 »

The Red Spike club?

That's Takaina club. I made that and I know exactly how I created that floor.

In embrace you can make almost any texture reflective using surface inspector. Here's how I did that:

-Select a brush you want to have the reflective effect on in cam view then right click on it.
-Press s for the surface inspector
-There's only three options needed for that effect and at least two of them need to be combined - that is trans 33, trans 66, and reflect.
-Choose from one or both of the trans 33 or trans 66 then choose reflect.
-apply the settings to the bush.

That should do it.
« Last Edit: 2006-07-02, 09:27:30 by Rainmoon »
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Mort

• Team
« Reply #3 on: 2006-07-02, 13:33:34 »

hmmm. on the btdallas map made by the black triad rping guilde named it "the red spike"

anyway, thanks for your help rainmoon.  much appreciated bro.
"Ordog, when I said "Give me some gold," I meant to do some cool moves; not drop a bag of gold.."

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #4 on: 2006-07-02, 14:02:14 »

NP.

Also make sure your map has sectors or the reflective surface might not look right.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Mort

• Team
« Reply #5 on: 2006-07-02, 14:07:13 »

got it. thanks. also can you tell me how you get music in a certain area only in a map.  I try to but it says i can only register wav files or something, but all the songs in the music folder are mp3s.

also i need some help on how to add different colored lights and how to make cool lazer effects for the club.
« Last Edit: 2006-07-02, 14:27:15 by mgust35 »

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #6 on: 2006-07-02, 14:31:47 »

You don't have to settle for what's on the sound list. You can simply input the name of mp3/wav file in the text input and it should run it as long as you setup volume and stuff on it.

How to create a laser

-Press n for the template list
-Create a laser template (choose from the Global.not/particle/beams list) by double clicking or do right-click in buildwindow then choose template.
-While the laser template is selected, press shift+k
-A path_corner will be created
-Move the path_corner around and notice that a string now connects between the path_corner and the particle template?
-Where you move the path_corner is where your beam is going to go.

That's pretty much it to making lasers.

Creating a coloured light

-Right click in the buildwindow and choose light from the list.
-Press n for the Things & Templates window while you are selected the Light
-Click on the Light tab
-Click the 'Pick Color...' button and choose your color.
-You can also adjust a Light's intensity, Style (Flame flickers, Probe Lights, ect), and change it's Falloff from this window.

Enjoy!  ;)

« Last Edit: 2006-07-02, 14:36:48 by Rainmoon »

Mort

• Team
« Reply #7 on: 2006-07-02, 18:55:12 »

I know how to add music to the map using soundbox, etc. the only problem I get is when trying to use an mp3. I keep getting the same error no matter what mp3 file. I can’t even change the volume while I have a music file selected. This is the error I get…

(title of error) Embracethings

[Cannot Determine the device type from the given filename extension]

I even tried using a default music file from vamp itself and I still get it… I use the things and template editor, selecting sound and then “pick sound” after I have selected an mp3 this is when I get the error.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #8 on: 2006-07-02, 20:46:11 »

Hmm...

All I do is go into the Sounds folder and copy the name of the file then use ctrl+v to paste the name into the input box, click apply sound, and then set and apply volume.

I also make sure that the filename extension says .mp3.

Usually works just fine for me. On the other hand this could be your sound card being fussy. Be sure to have the latest drivers for your sound card.

Mort

• Team
« Reply #9 on: 2006-07-07, 03:47:28 »

ok i got it working now, and this is what im doing.

right click on grid and select sound box.

strech the box through the area where i want the music to play

pasting in the name of the song with the .mp3 following it and i apply it.

Now the thing that is going on is that it is playing on the entire map and not just in the sound box.  any idea the cause of this?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #10 on: 2006-07-07, 08:23:30 »

Did you add sectors to your map? Sectors are always needed.
Did you add music in the scene editor? If so, remove it.

That's all I can think of for what could be an issue.

Mort

• Team
« Reply #11 on: 2006-07-08, 19:31:49 »

im finishing up right now and i need to know one last thing.  how do you get the vtmr theme to stop playing when you come into my game.  when i ran it in multiplayer, the vamp theme kept playing over the top of my soundbox song.  how do you turn off the vamp theme?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #12 on: 2006-07-08, 20:41:51 »

You can use the ST panel to respawn yourself at the location.

Or you could try adding sound/music to your map. Usually I just pick an ambient room sound and set volume to low and that makes everything quiet when the map loads.

Mort

• Team
« Reply #13 on: 2006-07-08, 20:57:40 »

thank you.

anyway to identify items in embrace or must it be done in game w/ spirits touch?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #14 on: 2006-07-23, 19:41:50 »

Currently there is no auto-identify feature for embrace nor a script available to do that. Unfortunately, Spirit's Touch is currently your only option.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 20 queries.