Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2017-11-21, 23:20:01
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Open Nod Development section of e-mods.net.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Alejandre DeAnorim:: em Discussao  (Read 6921 times)

Bloodywolf

• Malkavian
  • Team
  • 7th Gen
Re: Alejandre DeAnorim:: em Discussao
« Reply #15 on: 2007-01-26, 08:39:29 »

And you slayden, your lil story is also off, as words as Dick did not exist in the old times :-p
William - Bloodywolf - Me
Sloth, Greed, Gluttony, Wrath, Envy, Pride and Lust.
Which one shalt thou pick today?

Slayden

• choices made
« Reply #16 on: 2007-01-26, 14:58:47 »

You are supposed to read my story like a narration, as though I'm writing an autobiography of myself today, which gives me liberties to use all modern terminology and slang. I will be more historically accurate in conversations for individual words, however (but I won't be using "thee," "thy," "art thou," or such terms). You might notice that little is said in the sex scenes. This is partially due to the lack of slang terms for the genitals. Racking my brain, however, I figured out how to talk dirty even in ancient times, Dark Ages, Middle Ages, and Victorian Age in addition to modern times. Thankfully, "fuck" has existed at least since the 1400s. We know this because the word was used in a poem written in the 1400s, but the word was in verbal use long before that.

Azrael of the Rose

• Bored Toreador
« Reply #17 on: 2007-01-26, 15:02:23 »

i read...somewhere...that Fuck had celtic roots...couldnt tell you where though...also...slayden i think your backround is so...glaring non-canon and farfetched. are you sure you're not just a ravnos...or trapped in the illusions of one?
Bringing class and sophistication to interweb forums since 2002.

~Azrael~

Slayden

• choices made
« Reply #18 on: 2007-01-27, 06:01:04 »

There aren't any clear origins for the word "fuck." There is a possible Celtic origin behind it, Latinate/Greecean, and Germanic. Some have suggested a supposed acronymal linage of the word, such as FUCKIN: For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge in the Nude or FUCK: Fornicating Under Consent of the King. None of these acronyms existed before the the 1960s and "fuck" is too old a word across too many languages for ANY of these acronyms to apply. In fact, "fuck" outdates modern English. Middle and Old English made no distinction between For L; V, W, or U; and several other letters. These were later split into separate letters for easier learning, meaning the acronyms didn't even have the possibility to exist. It doesn't matter though, all etymologists agree that  "fuck" does not have English roots.

For my profile, you can't tell me what is cannon and what isn't. You haven't read enough. But you can tell me if I need a reality check. What's far-fetched about it? That old profile I sent you was early and I'm not going to use it. Perhaps a few basic elements from it, but nothing like what I told you before.

Azrael of the Rose

• Bored Toreador
« Reply #19 on: 2007-01-27, 11:29:34 »

i was joking. i thought since you were a romany youd make a good ravnos. the only thing i dont like about your profile is i think it makes you too old and too powerful. i thought tremere killed all the tremere antribu in the sabbat, and you said you were int he sabbat once.

~Azrael~

Slayden

• choices made
« Reply #20 on: 2007-01-27, 11:59:27 »

i was joking. i thought since you were a romany youd make a good ravnos. the only thing i dont like about your profile is i think it makes you too old and too powerful.

I could role play a Ravnos, but I'm from the Phuri Dae family, not the Ravnos family. Of all the families, can you guess which one is the only one that the Ravnos Embrace? :P Also, once my Embrace happens, I lose any magic I once held.

I'm not going to be Embraced this soon, but I'm thinking of upping the dates a little because as it is now, I think my Becoming is too far off. It would be more about me as a human rather than a vampire. I chose this time period because of it's very loose morals. Christianity had not set in yet and the Romans were abandoning the worship of their idols. Violence, corruption, thievery, and political assassinations were common at this time. It was even common to have orgies near the Roman public baths. I think I can push it up 500-800 years and still catch this time frame. It wasn't until A.D. 900 that the Catholic Church started taking over and people began swinging the other way to extreme prudism.

i thought tremere killed all the  in the sabbat, and you said you were int he sabbat once.

Yeah Tremere himself killed all the Tremere antribu in June 1999, but I was Sabbat from around 1730 to the 1780.

Azrael of the Rose

• Bored Toreador
« Reply #21 on: 2007-01-27, 14:49:56 »

thats my knowldge of oWoD for you. i know just enough to know how much i dont know.

~Azrael~

Bloodywolf

• Malkavian
  • Team
  • 7th Gen
« Reply #22 on: 2007-01-28, 03:21:38 »

Ohh So the original Thremere is still alive? I keep forgetting that the Tremere are latecomers.

Oh and If I need to think back to VTM:R didn't magic died around the 18th century compleatly? Wasn't that the reason why the tremere sought vampirism cause the order of hermes kept saying that magic was slowly loosing its power?
William - Bloodywolf - Me
Sloth, Greed, Gluttony, Wrath, Envy, Pride and Lust.
Which one shalt thou pick today?

Slayden

• choices made
« Reply #23 on: 2007-01-29, 02:37:27 »

18 century is way too late. Magic began to fade back in A.D. 998 and House Tremere became Clan Tremere in A.D. 1021.

My time period is in limbo right now because the Roman Empire collapsed and split in 476 and I want to get in there before that happened. I think I'll jump in around that time or just after. Azrael, doing a little historical research is really helpful for creating ideal settings for your character. It has helped me, and I'm not talking OWoD, I'm talking about actual history.

Azrael of the Rose

• Bored Toreador
« Reply #24 on: 2007-01-29, 12:40:59 »

of course i do actual historical research. how do you think my shit is usually so canon? remember my profile? i didnt just pull that out of the sky...i never write somthing historical without researching, i missed one small detail is all. I forgot that you could only get away with that sort of thing if you werent caught...

~Azrael~

El Gostro

• Very Sane wreck
« Reply #25 on: 2007-01-30, 20:11:30 »

MAkin stuff up be funs!
A leader of nations advances as advance can spells ye can bes!
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 19 queries.