Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2017-11-24, 06:57:58
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Open Nod Development section of e-mods.net.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: A study of the mind  (Read 32188 times)

Slayden

• choices made
Re: A study of the mind
« Reply #30 on: 2006-08-30, 00:59:25 »

Sparkles and fireworks, huh? Ok. My quickest and least subtle Paths are:

*conjures an orange/red flame in his right hand*
Lure of Flames -- this conjures normal fire, an anethma which Kindred greatly fear.

*conjures a green flame in his left hand*
Fires of the Inferno -- like Lure of Flames, but it is green balefire brought forth from Hell itself. It can also be focused better, but its color might cause others to suspect you of Infernalism.

*extinguishes flames and raises his arms with lighting arcing between them*
Way of the Levinbolt -- Lightning, pure and simple. This is also good for demolishing electrical systems, and, unlike fire, it can be use underwater.

*stops lightning and picks up a huge boulder out of the sand and hovers it over Bloodywolf's head*
Movement of the Mind -- you can pick up heavy objects, break bones, hurdle smaller objects, and even create an invisible shield.

*throws boulder to the side*

I have other paths which are just as destructive but are a bit more subtle and often take more time. Path of Shadows was the Tremere attempt to unlock Obtenibration but it isn't as powerful. Hands of Destruction is just as powerful as the other Paths but not as bright and showy. Alchemy or Transmutation allows you to create powerful weapons or transform one material into another. Others, like the Path of Pleasure can stir human emotion, pleasure, and lust in Kindred so much that it can even bring the coldest of Ventrue Princes under your thrall. I can tell you more of subtle Paths or you can choose one of the flamboyant Paths I mentioned. Think carefully on your choices.

Bloodywolf

• Malkavian
  • Team
  • 7th Gen
« Reply #31 on: 2006-08-30, 12:58:51 »

*stops lightning and picks up a huge boulder out of the sand and hovers it over Bloodywolf's head*

*Yawns as the bulder was above him, wondering why scipoten dragged it inside the house for the show*

I'll take Lure of flames.
William - Bloodywolf - Me
Sloth, Greed, Gluttony, Wrath, Envy, Pride and Lust.
Which one shalt thou pick today?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #32 on: 2006-08-30, 17:34:30 »

((Trying to go for a malkavian pyromaniac are we?))
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Slayden

• choices made
« Reply #33 on: 2006-08-30, 22:36:18 »

((God help us.))

*Yawns as the bulder was above him, wondering why scipoten dragged it inside the house for the show*

((Actually, we were out in the middle of the desert with no shelter whatsoever. Boulders can't fit through doorways. I guess it's my own fault because I didn't give a description of the area. Oops. :P To make our posts work, we are now under some sort of awning or in a realy large tent or something, I dunno. :P You've got your table and chair too, so your hat is on the table like in your previous post. Sorry for not being clear.))

I'll take Lure of flames.

Very well.

*conjures a flame and grabs Bloodywolf's right arm*

Don't pull away, I have not released the flame so it won't burn. This is no illusion. I will act as a "net" of sorts. If you lose control, I will manipulate the fire instead so that you won't ignite. I want you to learn to control it first before conjuring. If you can't control your own flames, you will get burned long before you enemies will. Good.

Now use your will to spread the flame down your arm.

Alright, now focus it to your hand.

Excellent. Now spread it across your chest to your other hand. Don't break the connection...yet.

Bloodywolf manipulated the fire across his body with Scipoten's help. Whenever Bloodywolf faltered, Scipoten intervened with his own will, preventing the fire from being released. This is a huge tax on someone who never did this before but he was do pretty good since he was controling the flame only instead of conjuring first.

Now, I want you to break the fire link across your chest. You will have complete control over the fire in your left hand, and I won't be able to catch it if you lose focus. If the strain becomes too much, hurdle it out the door. You have a nice wide opening so just throw it in the general direction.

Bloodywolf

• Malkavian
  • Team
  • 7th Gen
« Reply #34 on: 2006-08-31, 10:01:45 »

((hehe, aculy, Whne I made a malkavian, I immedialty saw a weak point, that malkavians only have mental attacks, ofcourse, they can cloak, or daze the opponent, or see them coming with auspex, but when the eenamy is resistent versus all those, I can't do much, thus the fire, vampires are "afraid" of fire, since its one of hte htings that is most deadlyest to them. With the giovannies blood, I can empower my body to deal more dmg and use fires to finish, distract, scare others, and should I ever meet a garou, I'd like to deal with them from a distance :-p ))

*Stops all usages of blood so his noctural nature shows more, to focus is powers more on the flame*

((In 1 of the clanbooks, an interlude story tells that bodyheat, skin colour and breathing, beating heart aren ot functions of a vampire, so they spend blood to make it look like they do to keep op a scene I think it was the 3rd edition of the rulebook))

William: Its gonne break...
Wolf: No it won't
William: Its gonne break
Wolf: NO It Won't, were you knocked out?

*The link on his chest was severed and a flame was on Wolf's hand*

Ooo keeyy... What no..

*Wolf's hand starts to heat up*

William: THROW IT!
Wolf: Not yet
William: YOUR HAND'S GONNE BURN!
Wolf: ITS NOT SMO... AA

*Throws the fireball trough the doorway as his hands starts to burn*

Wolf: Look what you made me do!
Wil: What? Not my fault!
Wolf: AHH! You bloody Dutchman!

((figured to add a lame botch, since I am still neonate))
« Last Edit: 2006-09-01, 16:38:32 by Bloodywolf »

Slayden

• choices made
« Reply #35 on: 2006-09-01, 23:56:40 »

((Good Role Playing! However, this has turning turned into a full-blown chronicle, something I didn't want to happen. I am going to start a chronicle either here or on Vampire's Gaze soon but there are a few things I would like to work out first. I'm seeing some rather serious issues with my storyteling and would like to work them out here before starting a true chronicle.

Spending blood to look human all the time is not advisable. 9th gen has a blood pool of 14 blood points and it costs most vampires, depending on their humanity, 2 or 3 blood point to maintain the image for about an hour.))

Ok that wasn't very suprising. I am rushing it a bit. Most neonates can barely hold a candel flame, but I am hoping to speed you along at first since you aren't conjuring and exclesively controling. It looks like the burns are minor so it won't take much effort to heal. When you are ready, try it again. Also, don't fight with yourself; it splits you concentration and the fire will turn against you.

After Bloodywolf got the got the hang of controling fire. Scipoten taught him how to conjure it. Bloodywolf could then create a flame on his fingertip, about the size of a lighter. Now the challenge was, igniting things at a distance.

*takes a piece of twine and puts it in a small bowl on the table*

Light it.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #36 on: 2006-09-02, 00:51:08 »

((Something to look out for around here. Us emod members tend to get drawn into these sort of things. hehehehe. If only Frost was around... :-\))
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Slayden

• choices made
« Reply #37 on: 2006-09-02, 02:16:44 »

((I found a digital dice server with email authentication so rolls can be made online. I know LARPing is more difficult than tabletop play, but with this, all the features of tabletop can be transfered to the LARP. I fully intend to use this in my chronicle.))

Bloodywolf

• Malkavian
  • Team
  • 7th Gen
« Reply #38 on: 2006-09-02, 04:19:34 »

((Frost currently has a LOTS of work, so I don't think you can find him on pc much, maybe just enough to check his E-mails i was thinking, maybe I can learn it that fast cause I'm practicly training with 2 persons who share thier exspeariances, for example, if William learns a neww disciplines hwile wolf is sleeing or something, wolf will automaticly know aswell, this does not count for momories, only exspeariances?))

Wolf: From a Distance?

*blinks*

Wolf: William its your turn...

Will: Huh? naah I'll watch...

*Suddenly shifts eyecolour*

Wolf: Your turn...

Will: yeah yeah. Ok.

*Knips his fingers as a fire lights*

ok that was easy... now...

*Looks focussed ad the bowl and knips his fingers, causting his sleeve to blink into fire, so he quickly doves it*

Ouch!

Wolf: Idiot... stop knipping your fingers, it only good use when your want to create a small candleflame to light a cigarette or so... if you want to do bigger, your guesture needs to be bigger

((I am still inexspearianced, so I'm thinking about makit it that way that I can't totaly do it yet without some kind of movement to help the discipline))

Will: Since when are you the expert?

Wolf: just do it dutchman...

*Spends the nexst 15 minutes trying untill there was a flight smoke coming from the bowl*

Wolf: We almost got it...

Slayden

• choices made
« Reply #39 on: 2006-09-02, 05:52:28 »

((When a person has the Multiple Personalities Derrangement, particularly if the person in question is Malkavian, their personalities may be of different clans and even learn different Disciplines. However, their personalities almost never know of one another. Your character is the rarest of rare. Not only does your character know that he has two personalities, but also both know that they are Malkavian, AND you can switch from one personna to the other freely instead of at random. And you are correct about the experience, partially. Disciplines are not automatically shared by personalities, but your character would be able to "meet" with himselves to "pool" their resources. Each personality could teach Disciplines and Skills to the others. In game terms, you would be awarded one or two extra XP poits at the end of a chapter in a chronicle. This is one reason that the books encourage Storytellers to mandate that dual personalites have no knowledge of each other or deny the fact that they share the same body.))

((Hmm...your character easily switches between personalities at will. Bloodywolf seems better adept at controling fire whereas William is better at conjuring it. Here is a role play suggestion: William conjures the flame, then you quickly switch personalities and have Bloodywolf control it. As a Storyteller, I would grant a "freebie" dot in Lure of Flames, allowing you to conjure a palm-sized flame immediately instead of the candle flame neonates usually start with, but only if you two were to work together. Otherwise, you would have to go back and buy that dot.))

Khaldun returned with the Giovanni blood.

Khaldun: Giovanni vitae six steps from the One.
Scipoten: Shokran, Kaldun.
Khaldun: Ala ElRahib Wa ElSaa.

Scipoten and Khaldun exchanged a few more words in Arabic and Khaldun left.

How's it coming?

Scipoten casually spun the jar of vitae in the air just above his hand using Movement of the Mind.

Your victim awaits.

Bloodywolf

• Malkavian
  • Team
  • 7th Gen
« Reply #40 on: 2006-09-02, 15:07:50 »

((2 different clans? how the hell is that possible?))

How's it coming?

The bowl has a short flame up as the content were set on fire.

Lets just say I don't need to buy lighters anymore if I wanne start a fire.

*looks a Scipoten, showing a Gold-red eye and a bright blue eye*

Your victim awaits.

Whatsha gonne do, make it a body or something to do the procces or just a dinking thing...

Slayden

• choices made
« Reply #41 on: 2006-09-02, 22:50:50 »

((Blood is blood. Any Kindred can learn any Discipline, but non-clan Disciplines usually  must be taught by a mentor for every dot learned and must pay double the XP. Some Disciplines, like Celerity or Potence, only need the first dot to be taught to them, as do Paths. For example, from here on out, I don't need to teach you Lure of Flames. All you need to do is practice it.))

*looks a Scipoten, showing a Gold-red eye and a bright blue eye*
Cool, I like the look.

Whatsha gonne do, make it a body or something to do the procces or just a dinking thing...
Heh heh. You'll see. Let's go.

Scipoten carried the liter-sized jar and led the way out of the tent. The pair traversed across the desert while the fiant sound of locust chriped in the distance and a slight breeze washed over them. The sand it carried was slightly annoying, but the amount was minimal, not enough to impede the senses. Bloodywolf came abreast to Scipoten and they walked side by side. Arabs could be heard talking a great distance away. When they neared the the small tower with the mirror, Scipoten slowed down to a stop but Bloodywolf continued a few more steps ahead of him. Scipoten looked around. The chirping died down, the sound of the breeze ceased, and the faint talking in the distance had stopped. Something was wrong.

Bloodywolf

• Malkavian
  • Team
  • 7th Gen
« Reply #42 on: 2006-09-03, 03:01:23 »

*looks to Scipoten*

Will: Whats wrong?

Wolf: Will, don't you hear that?

Will: Hear what?

Wolf: exacly...

*reaches to his legpocket and makes shure the knife is pull ready*

William: bodyshare...

Wolf: Yeap

*Wolf/Williams eye become 1 goldred and 1 bright blue again*

Slayden

• choices made
« Reply #43 on: 2006-09-04, 04:31:06 »

"Someting's not right. I still feel the wind and sand, but I can't hear anything. Wait a minute... this happened to me before... nooo...!"

Scipoten turned to Bloodywolf and shouted at the top of his lungs. Even though he was only couple of meters away, only Scipoten's lips moved, Bloodywolf could not hear him. Suddenly a blur rushed up to Scipoten from the side and Scipoten pulled out a hilt. In the blink of an eye, many pieces of metal, which looked like thick razors, shot out of the hilt and formed a blade. Scipoten barely had time to do this when the blur made contact with him.

*SPARK*

A couple of sparks flashed as two, no, three blades clashed, without sound. Scipoten flew back a good three meters and hit a dune. Sand poured over his shoulder and half-way across his chest. The "blur" was no longer a blur as it currently stood where Scipoten was once standing. A black figure wielding dual short swords stared intently at Scipoten. He glanced at Bloodywolf, then back at Scipoten. Scipoten attempted to speak only for his words to fall to the ground. He had suprise and anger in his eyes. It was the man that greeted them when they arrived. All the man did was bare his fangs and smile. Scipoten knew what he wanted.

*activates Auspex*

Scipoten pointed behind behind Blodywolf and mouthed something. As Bloodywolf turned, a blade came down diagonally towards his neck.
« Last Edit: 2006-09-04, 04:33:09 by Scipoten »

Bloodywolf

• Malkavian
  • Team
  • 7th Gen
« Reply #44 on: 2006-09-04, 09:03:25 »

((William the bloody is what i'll name the state of mind that comes when Wolf and William eaqualry share the bdy in 2 to for example use the fire disciplines untill each can do both aspectso n thier own))

Blimley!

*Grabs the Pocketknife quickly from his pants and blocks the blade while falling the the ground tho avoid the swing that followed, ruining the knife into several pieces, then sees the masked attacked prepare for another strike*

HAHA, Fun!

*pushes himself upwards in a backroll and shoots a fireball the moment he comes streight, forcing the attacker to sidestep, and then ran into a full bodytackle to push the opponent down while he was distracted*

With both persons struggeling on the cold desert sands, Wolf took totaly controll and started to laugh like a madman while activating his dementation opon the assaulter, causing the black clothed person to wither as death images, nightmares and disturbing images flooded his mind, the assaulter was oviusly new as it did not portray the same fitness in fighting as his comrade did, who was probably the master tough William as Wolf did what he did best, Untill suddenly, a hand pulled him off and trew him nexst to scipoten face flat in the sand.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 18 queries.