Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2017-11-24, 06:57:54
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Open Nod Development section of e-mods.net.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: A study of the mind  (Read 32188 times)

Slayden

• choices made
Re: A study of the mind
« Reply #15 on: 2006-08-26, 05:47:50 »

Yes. I gained Quietus, Obfuscate, and Celerity. Diablerie alone grants you the Disciplines of your victim, though you do not gain the same level of mastery. That requires separate effort like any of your own clan Disciplines. The power is not denied to you as it was before, but you must put in your own effort to master it. Celerity is often useful for when I want to get around quickly in my Chantries. Though I have had little use for either Quietus or Obfuscate so I have neglected them for the most part. I gained Obtenibration from that Lasombra I told you about, but when I began to practice it, my body began to disappear in the mirror. I could not reverse the process until I had committed Aramanth again of another clan. This restored my lost image and continued to use this system until I mastered the sixth tier of Obtenibration. When I attempted to progress further, my image began to disappear again even when consuming Kindred, so I stopped and my image was restored. I can use up to the sixth tier of Obtenibration, but if I continue beyond that, I will no longer have a reflection. You must be careful of clan weaknesses when practicing clan powers.

The pair was standing in a small tower and Scipoten led the way out. While looking for an Asamite, Scipoten partially explained why they were there.

A few years after I killed my assassin, an Asamite came up to me and commended me for it. I asked about their clan and he told me very little, but I asked about what they do with all the blood they collect. You see, the Asamites collect blood as payment for their assassinations and I was curious. He said that since the Tremere cursed them so that they could not commit Aramanth, that had to use a ritual that allows them to reduce their generation without diablerie. It requires a masive amount of blood of equal or earlier generation than them. I would love to get a hold of that ritual, but only the viziers at Alamut know it. *sighs* I guess we must keep our rituals seperate. Anyway, the different generations have a system set up for blood trading. A 7th generation Asamite has no use for 8th generation blood, but will trade it with a 9th generation who holds 6th generation blood. Generally it's a 1 to 2 ratio per generation. One liter of 6th gen blood for two liters of 7th gen. I requested that I partake of this blood trade to gain quantities of blood from various clans for my experiments. Since I am in good standing with the Asamites, they allowed it, and my blood is highly prized since I am of the 6th generation. And I tend to be a bit more lenient with my trading than other Asamites, using a 1 to 1 ratio. I'll trade one liter of my 6th generation blood for one liter of 7th or 8th generation blood. This has gained me additional prestige among them, despite the fact that I am of the clan that cursed them.
« Last Edit: 2006-08-27, 01:18:35 by Scipoten »

Bloodywolf

• Malkavian
  • Team
  • 7th Gen
« Reply #16 on: 2006-08-26, 12:29:01 »

You must be careful of clan weaknesses when practicing clan powers

Can't live without seeing yourself in the mirror

Wolf slickers.

This has gained me additional prestige among them, despite the fact that I am of the clan that cursed them.

*Looks at Scipoten*

Doesn't that give away your hard earned powers?
William - Bloodywolf - Me
Sloth, Greed, Gluttony, Wrath, Envy, Pride and Lust.
Which one shalt thou pick today?

Slayden

• choices made
« Reply #17 on: 2006-08-27, 00:51:51 »

((Because of the way Rainmoon has his site coded, any time the letters A-S-S appear, it replaces it with "rear". Consequently, A-S-S-A-M-I-T-E shows up as "rearamite", A-S-S-A-S-S-I-N shows up as "rearrearin", and other words like P-A-S-S-E-R-B-Y-S is replaced with "prearerbys". I just noticed this so I must purposefully misspell MANY words it so it will all make sense. How disconcerting.))

((Ok Rainmoon fixed it.))

Doesn't that give away your hard earned powers?

Not really. They just use blood like mine in the ritual to reduce their generation. All clan powers are lost in the process since they only desire the blood for its potency. You see, Elders get more and more scarce the lower you go on the generation chain. For this reason, Ancilla and Elders continue to use the ritual and still require blood to do it, thus, my usefulness to the clan has not expired.

Scipoten used Auspex to analyze the auras of the few pedestrians they encountered before Scipoten spotted an Assamite.

Scipoten: Laila tiaba, Assamite.
Assamite: Laila tiaba. Your accent is almost unnoticeable.
Scipoten: *laughs dryly* Yeah... *clears throat* Anyway, I am a blood trader.
Assamite: What?? We do not trade blood with out outsiders.
Scipoten: I have gained favor with your Elders long ago. And as such, they allow me to partake in the blood trade.
Assamite: What use have you for our blood?

Scipoten was now getting irritated at this whelp's subtle insults and double meanings.

Scipoten: Your Elders will be displeased if they find out that I have visited only to be turned away.

Impressed, the Assamite's demeanor changed.

Assamite: My apologies. Who do you wish to speak to?
Scipoten: Many of your Ancilla and Elders know or have heard of me. Just say that a foreign blood trader wishes to trade his vitae for vitae that is six steps removed from the One.

The Assamite was bewildered, his look of perplextion apparent.

Assamite: You know our terminology? Er--very well...

The Assamite used Obfuscate to disappear and Celerity to move quickly to another destination, but Scipoten continued to watch him with Auspex, making the assassin's disappearing act irrelevant. Scipoten sat on a nearby rock and used alchemy to make a clay jar out of the sand and took out a little burdock and a knife from his pocket. He placed the burdock in the jar and whispered an incantation. He then buried the jar and placed his hand over the sand. Slowly, the sand changed color, turning gray and breaking down into fine dust. Scipoten then turned to Bloodywolf while his hand was still on the ground.

So...what clan would you like to diablerize?
« Last Edit: 2006-08-27, 01:30:57 by Scipoten »

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #18 on: 2006-08-27, 01:18:06 »

((LOL... I'll have to fix that. I thought the dang thing only filtered whole words rather than part of a word.))

((Testing: assimite.))

((Ok there you go... system should filter only the whole word rather than part of the word. ass ass ass assimite))
« Last Edit: 2006-08-27, 01:21:03 by Rainmoon »
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Slayden

• choices made
« Reply #19 on: 2006-08-27, 01:25:07 »

((Thanks. Now it looks right. ;D Now I have to go back and change my last post. :P))

Bloodywolf

• Malkavian
  • Team
  • 7th Gen
« Reply #20 on: 2006-08-27, 02:49:51 »

((Lol havin funn with the filters rain? :-p))

So...what clan would you like to diablerize?

*Ponders*

Lets see... I have no idea... Tzimicse? No, bad idea, Grangel seems advantageus...  ((Sorry rain :-p)) What are you doing with that jar anyhow?

*Takes a seat on a nearby wooden chair and takes off his hat and places it on the table*

Slayden

• choices made
« Reply #21 on: 2006-08-27, 04:02:50 »

Gangrel is a no go. Not because of Rainmoon, but for another reason. I would recommend one of the clans with a "unique" Discipline. Tzimisce have Vicissitude, Settites have Serpentis, Ravnos have Chimerstry, Baali have Daimoinon, Assamites have Quietus, Giovanni have Necromancy, Lasombra have Obtenibration, or you could go for more physicaly based Disciplines or clans with other multiple combinations like Brujah for Celerity and Potentence or Ventrue for Fortitude and Dominate. I guess it really depends on what Disciplines you want. So... what do you want? What are the top three Disciplines you would like to have? You'll want to keep in mind that some bloodlines are extremely rare and even I have had difficulty getting some of their blood. I would love to have Temporis but finding a True Brujah has been difficult, to say the least.

What are you doing with that jar anyhow?

Scipoten reached into the dust and pulled out the jar. It looked old and worn, unlike the fresh new look it had when he first started.

This is a jar for preserving blood. Normally, it takes three nights to "age" it properly, but I forgot to make one before we came. Since we are already here, I decided not to postpone this further and just speed up the process by using the Mortis power Blight to rapily age the jar. It takes more effort to "force" the effects and the jar won't look as pretty, but the results are the same.

Scipoten opened the jar with one hand while still holding on to his knife with the other. He then took his knife and deeply cut open his wrist lengthwise, spilling the blood into the jar.

Bloodywolf

• Malkavian
  • Team
  • 7th Gen
« Reply #22 on: 2006-08-27, 12:32:18 »

Jardy, jardy, so many choices, empower my shell with the power of the tzimisce, create illusions like the Ravenos, Necromancy, a long lost forgotten intrest of William... yes, I know everything of my hosts history, I know everything about him, like i've been watching him since he was born.

My top 3 then would be: Vicissitude, Necromancy and Protean.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #23 on: 2006-08-27, 12:55:43 »

Gangrel is a no go. Not because of Rainmoon, but for another reason. I would recommend one of the clans with a "unique" Discipline. Tzimisce have Vicissitude, Settites have Serpentis, Ravnos have Chimerstry, Baali have Daimoinon, Assamites have Quietus, Giovanni have Necromancy, Lasombra have Obtenibration, or you could go for more physicaly based Disciplines or clans with other multiple combinations like Brujah for Celerity and Potentence or Ventrue for Fortitude and Dominate. I guess it really depends on what Disciplines you want. So... what do you want? What are the top three Disciplines you would like to have? You'll want to keep in mind that some bloodlines are extremely rare and even I have had difficulty getting some of their blood. I would love to have Temporis but finding a True Brujah has been difficult, to say the least.

((One of the reasons why I like requiem better. Protean is now only unique to the Gangrel. No one else knows it - other than some offshoot Bloodlines. This was one of the things that annoys me about OWod - some clans just don't have real uniqueness. I would just go as far as to say I made my character based off of Requiem, but then I would have to change generation with blood potency. Oh well.))
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Slayden

• choices made
« Reply #24 on: 2006-08-27, 15:37:54 »

My top 3 then would be: Vicissitude, Necromancy and Protean.

Then choose Giovanni or Tzimisce. Giovanni have Dominate, Necromancy, and Potence. Tzimisce have Animalism, Auspex, and Vicissitude.

Bloodywolf

• Malkavian
  • Team
  • 7th Gen
« Reply #25 on: 2006-08-28, 07:13:26 »

Giovanni

Slayden

• choices made
« Reply #26 on: 2006-08-28, 08:42:45 »

Scipoten was very pleased to hear this.

A wise choice. Gaining the mystical abilites of Necromancy and the physical boost of Potence will keep you well-rounded instead of neglecting one skill at the expense of another.

Scipoten looked at Bloodywolf quizzically.

Did you have your undead heart set on Protean? Ahh... Not to worry, you will gain Protean soon enough.

With these vague words, Scipoten finished filling up the jar and gripped his wrist, stopping the bleeding. He then sealed the jar with beeswax.

??: Do you still seek the power of the Ancients, or have you returned to humanitas?

When Scipoten heard that voice, he jumped up and spun around.

Scipoten: Khaldun!
Khaldun: It has been some time.
Scipoten: Yes, it has. What, 50? 60 years?
Khaldun: Approximately.

Scipoten walked up and kissed Khaldun three times, and Khaldun reciprocated. Scipoten glanced at Bloodywolf then back at Khaldun with a thoughtful look and spoke with Khaldun in Arabic.

After a short conversation, Scipoten and Khaldun began speaking English again, but Scipoten was pensive.

Scipoten: Well, anyway... Shall we conduct business?
Khaldun: Very well. Marid said you wished blood six steps from the One?
Scipoten: Yes. Giovanni vitae actually.
Khaldun: Giovanni... I do not have any myself, but I know one who does. I shall return.
Scipoten: Thank you. Here.

*hands Khaldun the jar of vitae*

Khaldun: You have my thanksgiving.

Khaldun disapeared and left. Scipoten then turned to Bloodywolf.

Hey Wolf, come here. I want to fulfill my part of the bargan.

Scipoten flicked his wrist and a flame appeared in his hand.
« Last Edit: 2006-08-28, 08:46:33 by Scipoten »

Bloodywolf

• Malkavian
  • Team
  • 7th Gen
« Reply #27 on: 2006-08-28, 16:58:28 »

*while no undersanding a word said, he keeps quiet out of politeness, and thinking about what Scipote said about Protean*

Hey Wolf, come here. I want to fulfill my part of the bargan.

Aren't you doing that already by learning me the rites of the di...

Scipoten flicked his wrist and a flame appeared in his hand.

The hell...

*Looks at scipoten while slowly walking towards him, keeping the flame in sight at all times*

Slayden

• choices made
« Reply #28 on: 2006-08-29, 07:49:07 »

Scipoten grinned when seeing Bloodywolf's caution.

Diablerie was not a part of the deal. I need you to learn Lingering Malaise, which is a 6th tier power and Restructure, which is a 7th tier power. You current levels of Dementation are too weak to cause permanent change in an individual's mind, only temporary changes. However, what is in the deal, is that I must teach you "some fire or simmilar magic", as you put it. You have expressed interest in Lure of Flames and I can teach you this, or if you wish, I can teach you a different Path. I was with the Sabbat for almost 200 years so I have learned both Dark Thaumatrurgy and Koldonic Sorcery as well. Goratrix and the Tremere antitribu were killed by Tremere himself in 1999. Since there are no Sabbat Tremere left to teach Dark Thaumaturgy, the current fools in the Sabbat improperly practice Infernalism to gain it. I left the Sabbat over 600 years ago, taking my knowledge with me. Only a very few Tremere antitribu who didn't answer Goratrix's call escaped Tremere's scourge, and then there is me. Few know Dark Thaumaturgy who havn't bartered their souls to gain it. The difference between the two types of Thaumaturgy is Dark Thaumaturgy tends to be more sadistic. For example:

Scipoten expanded the flame in his hand, grabbed Bloodywolf and enveloped him with it. It seared his flesh, limbs fell off, and brought him close to Final Death. Then, while Bloodywolf was screaming and writhing on the ground, the flames instantly disappeared and he was fine. His body didn't even have a burn mark on it. Scipoten was still standing there holding the flame with a sadistic grin plastered on his face. He didn't move a muscle the entire time.

That was the Path of Phobos. It expands a person's fear, however small it may be, until it is all-consuming. The fear varies from person to person. You were pretty caught up in that one. What did you see?

Bloodywolf

• Malkavian
  • Team
  • 7th Gen
« Reply #29 on: 2006-08-29, 09:20:57 »

*Stands up as he pokes himself*

Damn, you knowked William out cold... Ever go walk in the sun without the stone trick of yours and you got the image.

We wanne learn many things, but spells that go boom are my current main consearn. Mind tricks won't always work.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 17 queries.