Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2017-09-19, 22:42:40
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Open Nod Development section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: Effects.ned  (Read 601 times)

Graf_Nosferatu

Effects.ned
« on: 2016-05-18, 04:47:48 »

Hello.
I decided to write a small program for easy editing effects.ned file. There was a question on two parameters:
1. pc (permanent cost)
2. dc (duration cost)
Tell me what they are?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Re: Effects.ned
« Reply #1 on: 2016-05-18, 10:02:36 »

Those values were part of an unused and untested random item generator system. Seems Nihilistic was in the middle of developing a Diablo style procedural item generator when they finally reached launch date. There was some related data in the game.ntt file that could alter items values based on effects.ned content. I actually think they finished the system, but never got around to building any content for it.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Graf_Nosferatu

« Reply #2 on: 2016-05-18, 23:55:37 »

Thanks for the answer. In the same file shows the formula for calculating the damage and the probability to get at the enemy. But they are for melee weapons. What formula for firearms?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #3 on: 2016-05-19, 12:15:38 »

Ranged weapons are not as tracked as melee weapons nor as developed. The damage seems to be implicit to the projectile's damage stat with no noticeable modifiers or applicable buffs.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Graf_Nosferatu

« Reply #4 on: 2016-05-19, 23:31:20 »

A precision weapons affects the probability of there? For example in shotgun projectile standing flag [INSTANT FIRE], as I understand it, this means that nothing will not fly, and all at once calculated.

PS: I'm from Russia, I'm sorry my English. Google Translate

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #5 on: 2016-05-20, 10:25:51 »

The projectile flag [INSTANT_FIRE] is what you say. It will calculate trajectory point to point without spawning a physics object into the world.

Other flags like [BULLET] change damage rules, but seems buggy when calculating for humans since it still only does NORMAL damage on them. Also a bit buggy for vampire targets because a fire bullet will only do normal damage. This bug has been fixed in my mods to follow the pen and paper rules proper.

[SILVER] looks for targets that have the [LUPINE] actor flag on them and does [up to] double damage.

[STAKING] checks shooters raw dexterity and chances a stake upon a vampire target.

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.