Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2017-09-20, 22:13:23
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Open Nod Development section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: Script for new discipline rewards after finish quest?  (Read 1075 times)

Vlad_III

Hello,

I'm looking for the script to make new dicipline rewards when quests are finished. I want change the vanilla rewards because the character's clan are different. Where can I find with script please?   ;)

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Vlad_III

Re: Script for new discipline rewards after finish quest?
« Reply #2 on: 2015-10-12, 22:36:55 »

Thanks for the command :)

I thought that the files to modify for quest rewards was in files "quests" or in "CodexQuest.java"  but it's seems to not be good... :o
Where is hidden this file?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #3 on: 2015-10-12, 23:23:41 »

Disciplines are given through scripts only. Quest completions are also handled by the scripts. 90% of the quest's functions are done through java programming. The other 10% are for STRING_ID files and INDEX files. Usually meant for end-user translations. Additional EXP rewards do tend to be processed by nqd files located in the Resources.nob>quests folder. But again, these files are called upon directly from the scripts so you'll be spending most of your time browsing the Codex>SP .java source files for this venture [which are only available if you installed the NOD SDK package].

On example java script would be OLDT_7_4.java so try browsing through that code to figure out where it gives Christof his Brujah disciplines upon his embrace...
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Vlad_III

« Reply #4 on: 2015-10-13, 04:14:55 »

Yeah really interesting, exactly what i need!

So I'll import the java files in Codex/SP  to Eclipse, and after this, I think I could modify the rewards easily (like I added/modified so many new disciplines)   ;)

redemption has really no secrets for you  8)

Vlad_III

« Reply #5 on: 2015-10-25, 03:50:41 »

I have almost finished my mod for solo campaign but there is still an important problem with modding OLDT_7_4.java to make new rewards.

If I modify this file in eclipse (like I done for disciplines), and create the corresponding OLDT_7_4.class, there is always a CTD when I put this file in the Codex/SP  :-[

Stangely, when editing the vanilla OLDT_7_4.java in eclipse, the software find serious errors. Trying to understand where was localized the bug which causes the CTD, I tested to edit the .class corresponding to vanilla OLDT_7_4.java and there is the same crash (always after Christof is embraced). So the problem doesn't come from my modifications (I just remplaced the Brujah disciplines rewards by Assamite diciplines)

Perhaps I must created a new folder in Eclipse to edit OLDT_7_4.java :  worskpace/tutorial...?

This problem is important because my principal character must learn only disciplines of his own clan. An idea to resolve this?
« Last Edit: 2015-10-25, 05:53:07 by Vlad_III »

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #6 on: 2015-10-25, 08:09:14 »

compiled class scripts must go into Codex; not Codex/SP. All SP scripts have dependencies on other scripts. You must include all the master scripts required into your eclipse project. My advice would be to grab ALL SP scripts and include them into your eclipse workspace along with all java scripts with "Codex" in the name. Even if you are only modifying one of the files, its dependencies must be present during compile.

Vlad_III

« Reply #7 on: 2015-10-25, 08:36:34 »

Ok, wonderful! it was the solution to import all the SP scripts in the eclipse workspace before modify the file OLDT_7_4.java!  ;D

I have put it in the Codex/SP folder with the others vanilla SP .java files and all working well now  ;)

Now, I have almost the perfect solo campaign that I dreamed  :P

Great Thanks for all!

« Last Edit: 2015-10-25, 09:31:47 by Vlad_III »

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 19 queries.