Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2017-09-20, 22:15:04
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Open Nod Development section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: How find missing Templates?  (Read 842 times)

Vlad_III

How find missing Templates?
« on: 2015-09-26, 07:51:00 »

Hello,

I'm looking for missing templates that I can't localized in the misc/templates folders.

I have finished to implant all the Quiétus  disciplines in vanilla ( ;D ) , and now I'm implanting the Chimerstry disciplines based on invocations for Ravnos clan.
I use DisciplineBeckoning.class has model for new discipline FataMorgana, but I need find the location for "beckonTemplate" to add new special illusions an to see how function this template...

I've looked everywhere without discover where the template is hidden. If you have an idea...! thanks!

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Re: How find missing Templates?
« Reply #1 on: 2015-09-26, 08:12:15 »

Obviously you are very new to programming. "beckonTemplate" is a String variable containing the command "GetActorClanBeckoningTemplate" [that was defined just one line up of the code]. GetActorClanBeckoningTemplate returns the String value of the given clans' beckoning template which would be in the game.ncd file. So it will vary based on the caster's clan of what template will spawn.

That line of code is not suitable for what you are attempting anyway. Programming logic skills are gonna be needed to think up how to make Chimerstry work in a fun and playable manner.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Vlad_III

« Reply #2 on: 2015-09-26, 08:29:13 »

Ok! I will see if change the * pet(name-of-new-invocation)* in game.ncd  can modifiy apparition of new illusions..

(I'm noob in programming, but I'm adapting discipline Chimerstry from an other great mod to vanilla... I couldn't create a so complex discipline myself only...)
« Last Edit: 2015-09-26, 08:34:33 by Vlad_III »

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #3 on: 2015-09-26, 11:03:48 »

I wouldn't touch game.ncd as the reference to that file is for beckoning only. Messing with that file just for Chimerstry makes no sense and would cause a problem for Animalism. Better to just create new discipline script for your Chimerstry.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Vlad_III

« Reply #4 on: 2015-10-11, 12:24:27 »

I heard you and done a new dicipline for Chimestry. Now, The Ravnos can create many different illusions!

All disciplines for Chimestry are finished now, I like this power!  :D

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 19 queries.