Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2017-09-20, 22:12:41
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Open Nod Development section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: New coterie for Redemption!  (Read 2116 times)

Vlad_III

New coterie for Redemption!
« on: 2015-08-28, 05:44:09 »

This time I done it! My dream to play vanilla game with new heroes of different clans, who can only learn disciplines of their blood lineage come true!  ;D

On these screens, you can see the 2 first characters of the coterie. They start like weak new kindreds  ;)

Principal hero: Alymer the Malkavian

First ally: Wilhem of the clan Ventrue:

I made important modifications for second ally Serena, very pretty now, and i kept her clan Cappadocian.

But to finish all these modifications, I want to know how can I change the logo portraits of the new characters of the coterie:

What's the location files for this?  3d\Models?
« Last Edit: 2015-08-28, 05:52:42 by Vlad_III »

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Re: New coterie for Redemption!
« Reply #1 on: 2015-08-28, 20:07:33 »

Nice job!

That's set by the ACTOR_HEADMODEL tag in Not Editor. Yes they should be in 3d/Models as well, but Not Editor will tell you what file it is.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Vlad_III

« Reply #2 on: 2015-08-29, 09:24:11 »

Ok thanks! I will try this.

I'm reskinning all the characteres of the coterie!
The game will be really good like this  :-*

Vlad_III

« Reply #3 on: 2015-08-31, 15:06:07 »

Hello! I played with the new coterie until the end of the Dark Ages (very interesting!!!), but the game doesn't continue at the moment that Christof find Anezka side Vukodlak sarcophagus!

The game is not blocked and not in pause, characters can do what they want, but no event happen (Anezka does'nt want speak and same for Libusa). What's the normal trigger to continue the game?
Christof is near Anezca, and this is doing nothing... very strange!

It's not possible that my game finish like this!!! I like too much my new characters  :'(

Normally, it's Anezca which speak the first, when Christof get close her?  Or it's Christof who must speak first?
If you know what's the trigger to continue, I hope find the solution!!  :P
« Last Edit: 2015-08-31, 15:09:33 by Vlad_III »

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #4 on: 2015-08-31, 20:21:06 »

The castID's of Christof, Wilhem, and Serena need to be present for the scene to work right. That's all I can think up that would cause an error in the scene is if one of those are missing.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Vlad_III

« Reply #5 on: 2015-09-01, 00:11:32 »

The CastID's of Christof, Wilhem and Serena are  present in this situation :D

But i don't remember when the scene must continue. When the coterie enter this room? when a character speak to an other?
I thought the trigger will be Christof talking to Anezca, but in my case, nothing happen: I have the speaking icon for conversation, but Anezca doesn't react, same when I try with Libusa.

For all others scene, I had a solution to deblock them, using  a character which have Christof's CastID and taking his control (because my principal hero has an other CastID)

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #6 on: 2015-09-01, 00:16:24 »

It's a region trigger so it starts on approach. You may want to spawn serena, wilhem, and christof then re-enter the level because the scene sets up info on level load. Then try approaching anezka.

Looking at the map, the region zones are some distance away from the steps at the second set of pillars.
« Last Edit: 2015-09-01, 00:18:48 by Javokis »

Vlad_III

« Reply #7 on: 2015-09-01, 01:06:20 »

Yeaah, well done Jav, it was this: reloading the scene entering with the character who has Christof CastID, and approaching Anezca with him!

Now all is good, Alymer is in the Modernworld, with no problem. Always Malkavian with only malkavian diciplines  ;D

A little thing to know:

DEMENTATION discipline is really weak.
Passion can increase ennemies 's frenzy, but ennemies which will become mad, don't remain under the Beast long time. That's not an efficient power.
Same thing with VoiceOfMadness, the best level of dementation. Very difficult to use because ennemies have a great resistance against this discipline which cost lot of bloodpoints.

I'm disappointed by Dementation, the special discipline of Malkavians  :-[

Fortunatly, Malkavians have the discipline OBFUSCATE, an extraordinary power, very useful with the best level of CloakOfShadows.

Next game I will build an other coterie with new clans for all characters ;)
« Last Edit: 2015-09-01, 03:06:15 by Vlad_III »

Vlad_III

« Reply #8 on: 2015-09-01, 12:00:30 »

It's easy or not to implant a new discipline in Redemption Vanilla?

I have created a new character for the solo campaign, an assamite. He can use Auspex/Celerity/Obfuscate,  but if possible, i would prefer to give him the Quietus discipline rather than Auspex. I know this discipline is in the AoR mod, not too much hard to import for my campaign?

There are some files like game.ncd, game.ndd, game.ndg, effects.ned, that I can mod easily, but I think there are many others to add (for icons, animations...? )

If I just can add this Quietus discipline it will be great! I will create too some new arms for assassins like poisonned knife of lauch... I remember there is an excellent tuto to create new weapons on the site!  ;D
« Last Edit: 2015-09-01, 12:02:47 by Vlad_III »

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #9 on: 2015-09-03, 08:50:21 »

All major tutorials [including mod making] are stickied in their related forum areas. I'd recommend the Big O Modding video tutorial series as that covers disciplines.

Oh and when you get to the point that you want extract the aor disciplines be sure to grab the AoRSystemDiscipline.class along with any Quietus scripts you take. That script is required as a dependency to aor disciplines.

Vlad_III

« Reply #10 on: 2015-09-06, 15:52:50 »

Yes, i spent many hours learning and testing on "Big o Modding and How create a new discipline" tutos, and looking for good version of java and eclipse.

I followed entirely your modding on how create new effects (tuto Big o Modding), and it's good, I have my first new scripts (the same than you for damages!)  :D

Now, next etape is to study all  .java and .class concerning Quietus scripts in AoR to try to adapt them for vanilla  :P
« Last Edit: 2015-09-07, 12:02:27 by Vlad_III »

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 19 queries.