Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2017-11-17, 15:03:05
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search á

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Open Nod Development section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: Change the voice of new character (after new skins)  (Read 1039 times)

Vlad_III

hello guys,

I'm playing the AOR mod and enjoy it. But I've a trouble with a pack skin (I use the good Dark_Realms_Skins)
The skins are good in game but there is a damn bug using some new skins... Some characters with the new skins have wrong voice in game!

For exemple, I like a Dark Age warrior skin, but when he is fighting, he always has the voice of Werewolf!   :o
When he attacks, the game play the sound: werewolf_attack_01.WAV  and when he his hurt werewolf_hurt_01.WAV ....

That's very boring for the ambiance, I always hear werewolf....

There is a solution to apply other sounds for my new skin?

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/284244Vampireaor2015081521282629.jpg

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Re: Change the voice of new character (after new skins)
« Reply #1 on: 2015-08-15, 14:10:36 »

Yes. You have to alter the .nag file of the template. Check with the .nob where the model is located. .NAG files will be located in misc>foleys.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Vlad_III

« Reply #2 on: 2015-08-15, 14:40:58 »

Really strange, there are the files misc/foleys in the .nob of the pack skin but there are empty.

I also tried to replace the wrong voices of werewolf by others (in file Sounds.nob), but doing nothing.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #3 on: 2015-08-15, 16:55:50 »

That's not a good idea. Never modify the existing nobs. The game is just fine with you running modified vanilla files into folders [within vtmr main directory] rather than rebuilding vanilla nob files that can make your game unstable. It's likely that the template was using an existing nag file. You can change this by altering the foley tag of the template in NOT Editor. Vanilla has nag files placed in Resources.nob>misc>foleys. DO NOT MODIFY THE SYSTEM NOBS. Just extract the desired nag files into VTMR>misc>foley directory and modify them there. If something goes wrong, all you have to do is delete that folder rather than reinstall the whole game.

There's plenty of tutorials [both written and video] on this website on the subject of modding VTMR. I would suggest you read [view] up on them.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Vlad_III

« Reply #4 on: 2015-08-15, 23:34:16 »

Ok, i will follow your advice.

I have not modded on VTM Redemption for many years, it will be a little bit difficult to do it again...
So, i must use the Not Editor and change the .nag of my character. I return on the tutorials.

Vlad_III

« Reply #5 on: 2015-08-16, 00:40:47 »

Really good! it was  easy enough to replace the voice of the character.
I not modified the .nag file, I just replace the tag nĄ6 FOLEY with an other vanilla character ( for ex. playerWilhem.nag), using the NOT editor.
Game sounds good now for my new skin on AoR!  ;D

Thanks Javokis.

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 19 queries.