Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2017-11-17, 15:00:42
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Open Nod Development section of e-mods.net.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: How change the clan of principal character in the solo campaign?  (Read 1791 times)

Vlad_III

Hello guys,

I would like to know if there is the possibility to start the solo campaign with a new character (Christof or an other) who has an other clan when he will be embrace (not Brujah).
I have finished many times the game but I want to play an other clan, with limited disciplines of his appartenance of bloodfamily  (like in Bloodlines). For exemple, I'll like to play with a Cappadocian that will only progress in these diciplines: Auspex, Force d'Ame and Mortis.

Is it possible? I hope yes and not to many difficult to do...

I want to replay the game on AgeOfRedemption (never tested) but with new principal heroe  ;)

Michael

• Team

If you want to try out the main campaign with a different character then why not play the Age of Redemption Chronicle? You get a dozen playable characters and clans to choose from. The only donwnside is that you don't see the videos.

Vlad_III

Hello Michael,

Yes you are right, I've not watch all the videos of AoR.
I have tried the  AoR chronicle with the single player option, and we start with Christof the Brujah, and I cant choose an other character...

With your reponse, I understood that I must pass by the multiplayer to create the principal heroe myself with a new clan, and after start the AoR chronicle. I will test this, thanks  a lot!

Vlad_III

A question:

If I choose to play an human for the AoR chronicle, my character will be embrace or not?
So we can play the full chronicle with an human?

Thanks!

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net

You can play the full MP chronicle as human, but only if you turn off the "Allow Race Changes" in the config app's Player options.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Vlad_III

Ok thanks! That's great!

I tested the chronicle, it's more difficult now, and ennemies IA better. Good challenge  ;)

Vlad_III

I want to play the simple campaign vanilla at this time, but with an other character than Christof.

Is it possible to not become Brujah after Ekaterina s' embrace?

I thought changing file ChristophDa.NPC into misc folder to turn it in clan malkavian, with Malkavian disciplines will be the solution but that's wrong. When Ekaterina caught me, Christof still become Brujah kindred...

Do you know what is the folder to modify after christof embraced to change clan?
Thanks.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net

No. That would be Christof.npc [you'll need to add the clan tag to that file under the name tag]. You can also completely change the starting character by modifying the newaor.nmf file within the AoR.nob>chronicles directory [be sure to extract to AoR main folder then modify]. The PLAYER tag is a template reference that tells the engine what character the player will control at start of single player game.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Vlad_III

I added "clan malkavian" under name Christof into Christof.npc, but this technique doesn't work. Christof still starts like human (good for me!) but he becomes Brujah when he will be embraced (and learn Brujah disciplines)... Damn'it! 

It seems there is no solution to play vanilla simple campaign with an other character (and especially an other clan).

I just want replay vanilla game with Malkavian (or Ventrue) kindred, to use new competences, and not always with these ***** brujah!  >:(
New clan with new skin hero, who can only use disciplines of their clans (without read disciplines tomes of other kindred family)
It's just impossible!
« Last Edit: 2015-08-24, 11:21:23 by Vlad_III »

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net

It's not impossible. I just told you about the Chronicle file .nmf. Modify the newaor.nmf file with a different PLAYER template then start a new game. If you want to know more about template editing with NOT Editor then check out the wide array of tutorials here at the forum and on our YouTube channel.

http://e-mods.net/modules/nodsdkprojects/

Vlad_III

I think newaor.nmf file concern the AoR mod, but I uninstalled it after had too much problems with config problems with antivirus compatibility and problems in some quests.

I'm very interesting by modding the Chronicle file .nmf and change starting character for simple campaign, but my question is enought simple : possible or not for vanilla game only? (and not mods like AoR)

I have notions with NOT editor, and I think i could do this. But I don't want play mods for this moment, only enjoy vanilla game with others clans.
If there is an equivalent to newaor.nmf file in vanilla game, that we can modify to not begin with Christof, I'm sure i could find a solution  ;)

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net

Check the main vtmr>chronicles folder. The Prague.nmf will have the PLAYER tag.

Vlad_III

Very well, it's working now and it's very simple to do it  ;)  Thanks Javokis!
I saw that it was possible to begin with others characters of the simple campaign, and with Multiplayer character too!

Now, my next etap is to import new skins and new characters which are not in vanilla game  :D

Vlad_III

Damn it, a new problem has come.

I have managed to begin simple campaign with a new Malkavian hero (Alymer) with a new skin like we can see here:

The problem comes when Christof (Alymer now) finish his mission to protect Prague by night. After watch the video with Ekatarina  speeking with Cosmas, we can see Alymer go out of the couvent, but the cinematic stop here. The game is not freezed or crashed, only in a sort of pause at this moment:

The only modifications I done are:

-Import new skins

-modify prague.nmf  to start with a new player (Alymer)

-Create the MP_Alymer .NPC to start the game correctly

« Last Edit: 2015-08-26, 01:27:57 by Vlad_III »

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net

The problem with vanilla is that it needs the Christof castID for much of its actions. The Age of Redemption mod had modified the scripts to be more flexible, while still checking for Christof. You'll need to go into NOT Editor and alter the castID of any model you intend to use so that vanilla will think it is Christof.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 17 queries.