Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2017-11-19, 09:33:09
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Open Nod Development section of e-mods.net.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I need some help :S  (Read 3397 times)

EtaYorius

• Jewish Gothic Chef
  • Team
  • EtaYorius Mystic
    • CLICK HERE TO VISIT MYSPACE SITE.
Re: I need some help :S
« Reply #15 on: 2014-12-10, 08:28:51 »

I have done this at least a thousand times... and if you`re having problems with Crashes then it is most likely 2 things:

1 There is a unassigned Vertex to a Bone.
2 There are way too many polys in a single group, best way to avoid this is to just divide into many many groups the areas of the mesh that has a very high poly count. (kinda hard, areas i have issues with are usually FACE and HAIR parts of the mesh that is very high poly, so you may want to create many groups of polys within those areas).

By the way, the engine can take very very high poly meshes with no issues... but like i mentioned before, the mesh needs to have the areas that have the highest poly count divided into many groups, i have converted Lara Croft from 2012 Tomb Raider Game, Nanosuit from Crysis and some extremely high poly meshes into Redemption.
« Last Edit: 2014-12-10, 08:31:55 by EtaYorius »
Victims... arent we all?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #16 on: 2014-12-10, 11:26:17 »

Also note that the engine only handles a max texture resolution of 512x512. Any higher than that and the texture wont show in the game.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Nicotine Caffeine

« Reply #17 on: 2014-12-10, 11:33:29 »

I see.. Seems bizarre to me, but i guess it can be possible.. Anyway, have you an idea about the maximum (approximately eh) polys that i can leave per each group?

Nicotine Caffeine

« Reply #18 on: 2014-12-10, 11:34:39 »

Ah yes, about the size of the texture i've noticed.. Some time ago i was really about of getting mad before understand that  ;D

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #19 on: 2014-12-10, 12:10:29 »

From what I understand from Eta is you simply trial and error. Keep taking the largest groups and divide them till the game stops crashing. Hehe. I guess it's not an exact science.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Nicotine Caffeine

« Reply #20 on: 2014-12-10, 16:20:21 »

Indeed  :D

Nicotine Caffeine

« Reply #21 on: 2014-12-12, 00:39:49 »

Ok, i checked out and i saw that you are both right: model used to crash both for too many poly on a single group and for uncorrect texture size. By proper editing them it seems to go perfectly.
I thank thee for thy help.

Nicotine Caffeine

« Reply #22 on: 2014-12-30, 16:59:39 »

By the way... I fear a model which has a wrap like jack of blades can't be rigged properly to the standard skeleton of vtmr. There is no way to rig the wrap decently without seeing it half aflutter and half still.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #23 on: 2015-01-02, 09:19:51 »

Any model can be rigged. You may want to talk to Eta if you need a hand because I'm not really good with rigging either. Hopefully he is not too busy. I know that rigging is an art and sometimes you have to take more time on one model more than the other.

Nicotine Caffeine

« Reply #24 on: 2015-01-05, 10:29:04 »

Who? Where do i find him? However i've finished other models, and for some of them i do not need (theorically) to ask permission to upload them, since they have been ported from games to official sites. So i can upload them, if you like
« Last Edit: 2015-01-05, 10:31:11 by Nicotine Caffeine »

Signothorn

• Team
« Reply #25 on: 2015-01-10, 10:10:31 »

Who? Where do i find him? However i've finished other models, and for some of them i do not need (theorically) to ask permission to upload them, since they have been ported from games to official sites. So i can upload them, if you like

http://e-mods.net/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=18  He made the Gigapack.

Nicotine Caffeine

« Reply #26 on: 2015-01-12, 08:33:39 »

Ah! Etayorius, lol obvious.. I'm a looby.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 19 queries.