Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2017-09-19, 11:53:29
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Open Nod Development section of e-mods.net.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I need some help :S  (Read 3126 times)

Nicotine Caffeine

I need some help :S
« on: 2014-12-05, 07:59:16 »

Hi all. I need some help, and i hope someone has an idea on what i should do.
Let's start from the beginning: i was making a mod (that *if* i will finish i will release it) that adds various famous characters to vampire the masquerade redemption. I've already added Kain and Raziel from Legacy of Kain, D from Vampire Hunter D, and now i was try to add Jack of Blades from Fable. But with this one i have some problems. I imported the model in milkshape, cut and added to the vampire the masquerade skeleton, but when i use it in the game, it appears invisible... If you look closely you can see the profile of the model, so i guess the meshes works, but the textures are transparent..
If someone has some ideas on why is this happening..

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Re: I need some help :S
« Reply #1 on: 2014-12-05, 08:30:53 »

Few of these things come to mind:

-Double check your tga files and make sure they are not completely masked by an alpha channel.
-Also check your model's faces and be sure they haven't "inverted."
-Check under the Materials setting of the model and assure that Ambient, Diffuse, Specular, and Emissive settings aren't using unsupported settings. (Redemption Materials set Specular and Emissive to "Black"; Ambient and Diffuse tend to use a slightly lighter shade on most models)
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Nicotine Caffeine

« Reply #2 on: 2014-12-06, 03:57:41 »

Hmm.... I tried to directly uncheck the alpha channels, nothing, and i tried with setting the emissive,specular and so on to 255 nothing. I think could be the faces inverted, but... uh.. I don't know how check that. (i'm not quite sure even on what does that mean  ;D )

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #3 on: 2014-12-06, 08:32:27 »

Inverted faces might be tricky and I'm not fully qualified to tell you how to fix a model that did that. There's an easier way to solve the problem without having to fix the model. You can create a NAM file for your texture that has the "twosided" property in it (Check out Dark Age Christof's material nam files for an example.)

Also make sure you didn't typo anything in your template... this could easily be a typo of the MODEL tag in the template properties.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Nicotine Caffeine

« Reply #4 on: 2014-12-07, 06:18:06 »

Nothing. It doesn't want to work in anyway. At this point can i put the model here or send to you so you can maybe tell me where is the problem? Becouse i don't really get it

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #5 on: 2014-12-07, 08:07:48 »

You should be able to zip it up and attach it to your post here on the forum and I'll look at it at the earliest opportunity.

Nicotine Caffeine

« Reply #6 on: 2014-12-07, 17:08:39 »

Here it is. I put here the ms3d version, if you prefer i could upload the nod version as well.

Nicotine Caffeine

« Reply #7 on: 2014-12-07, 17:12:56 »

p.s. i've put the png textures which were the original ones. I also converted them to tga, but in anycase it didn't work with both of types.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #8 on: 2014-12-07, 20:39:55 »

Other than some rigging issues, which I thought you had him already rigged to Christof, he appears just fine on my end. I attached an image and a working nob file.

Nicotine Caffeine

« Reply #9 on: 2014-12-08, 10:33:16 »

Well, for the rigging problem i can tell you immediately why it is happening. You used the standard skeleton of christof, i used the "T" stance version, milkshape recognizes as same, but it is not, and then in the game screws up. Anyway, for the textures, or alpha channels or... Whatsoever, i really don't understand. If i use yours they show up. I don't get what i was doing wrong.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #10 on: 2014-12-08, 10:54:40 »

Maybe you should show me your project folder instead of sending raw models. You may have typoed somewhere and just aren't noticing that.

[edit]

And what model uses "T" stance anyways? All the ones I've looked at are in other stances for skel 0.
« Last Edit: 2014-12-08, 11:07:41 by Javokis »

Nicotine Caffeine

« Reply #11 on: 2014-12-08, 17:24:45 »

Project folder? But since i usually do not play on multiplayer, i simply unload the models over the christof/wilhem/ecc models and then i use them in the game as a specific armor or cloth..
However, i don't know why there are two versions of the skeleton 0, but i guess that someone could simply have modified the pose for make it be more easily to rig or something. You have to ask to the guys who made those mods, for i really don't know much. I too prefer that position becouse it's easier to rig, but if you then unload a model which has the T stance on a nod model who has the other stance it screws up in the game
« Last Edit: 2014-12-09, 18:08:31 by Nicotine Caffeine »

Nicotine Caffeine

« Reply #12 on: 2014-12-09, 18:14:31 »

By the way... I was trying to add some other models, but usually the game crashes when i load them, and i guess it's just for the reason you said, the multi-faced models. Or the game simply doesn't support too polygoned models?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #13 on: 2014-12-10, 01:54:40 »

There can be a number of reasons for the crash, but last I checked, there is no poly limit. There's a limit per group if I recall correctly, but don't quote me on that. I don't do much modeling either, but have understanding in how they are added to the game.

If there is any portion of the model not linked to a bone then that can cause a crash. Make sure everything is assigned to something on the skeleton structure. Running 16 bit textures in 32 bit mode can also cause a crash - not to be confused with the 16/32 bit resolution options. Those wont cause the issue, but setting to 32 bit mode in the advanced options when running 16 bit textures is an issue.

Nicotine Caffeine

« Reply #14 on: 2014-12-10, 07:54:21 »

Booh. Honestly i do not understand, here i attach my remake of Christof on platemail. In the ms3d seemed all correct, but every time i try it in the game the game crashes. And other models as well. Since some of them i took from other mods resources, (some from skyrim or oblivion) i thought simply the models were too complex for the nod engine, but if you say there shouldn't be such problem... Then must be somewhere else..? I don't know :(
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 19 queries.