Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2017-09-20, 21:58:59
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Open Nod Development section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: Ideas for the Bohemian Forest  (Read 1394 times)

Shapeshifter878

Ideas for the Bohemian Forest
« on: 2014-07-10, 02:12:03 »

I sat down yesterday and made a draft of how the Bohemian Forest could look like. I made it a bit more open than just a linear path. Feel free to come up with suggestions/ideas!

Some explanations to the map:
"W": Werewolves. The coloured lines are their patrol routes. Could have a chance of dropping Werewolf vitae when killed.
Camp fires: Has woodcutter civilians for opportunities to feed and with some destructible barrels.
Secret: Hidden areas with treasure chests.
Old tower & ruins: Populated with wraiths and treasure chests. Wraith inside tower may start a quest.
Spider cave: Hideout for an exiled Nosferatu protecting himself with Ghoul Spiders.
Woodcutter Huts: Under attack by Werewolves. Rescuing the woodcutters or not - humanity gain/loss.
Gangrel cave: Haven for a solitary Gangrel.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Re: Ideas for the Bohemian Forest
« Reply #1 on: 2014-07-10, 20:32:44 »

Looks like a good plan. I launched some of the aor 2014 scripts, which include the Codex linker scripts for the procedural respawn system. If you want to take a shot at the aor 2014 procedural spawn system then go to the Open Nod Development section and download the Eclipse workspace. Don't worry about coding anything. All you'll need to grab to make sure everything works is located in the NodSDKProjects.zip>AoRMod2014>Classes. Grab the following .class files and place them into your Codex directory of VTMR:

All files named AoRSystem*****.class
Along with AoRClassSpawner.class.

Now when you want your map to use the procedural system, you need to make a ghost template then apply the AoRClassSpawner script to it. The Codex linker will have you assign up to five other ghost points to link to. You do NOT have to make five points for your spawn points, just make as many as you want at the positions you want UP TO FIVE GHOST POINTS on the map per script - be sure to input the actual number of spawn points you intend to link to in the Codex linker. You also need to input the Spawn File. The spawn file is a txt file which you name however you want (given that you add .txt at the end) and should be created in the VTMR\AoR2014\Config\ProceduralSpawns\ folder. You'll need to manually create the file and input data like so:

Example File Structure

[#Rank, #Spawns Per Player]
 #Template, #Chance

[Fledgeling, 3]
 Warghoul, 5
 Szlatcha, 15
 Rat, 100

[Neonate, 5]
 Warghoul, 15
 Szlatcha, 35
 Rat, 100

Oh yeah... some features might not fully function without the AoR2014 mod. If you want to take a shot at trying the aor procedural spawn system in your maps then let me know. I'll try to hand what I got on aor2014 thus far as soon as work calms down and I can take the time to polish up the install data for the 2014 stuff.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Shapeshifter878

« Reply #2 on: 2014-08-11, 03:02:01 »

Thanks for the info. It would be cool to have the respawn system, but I think I'll consider that once I'm done with the actual map :)

Did some minor adjustments to the draft above and some thoughts on gameplay and conversations. 

Caern: A minor werewolf holy site. Wilhem can give some lore background for them(before being ambushed).
Gangrel cave: Gives some additional werewolf lore about their tribes, etc. Experience reward.
Old Tower & Ruins: Once home to a gang of bandits, they now protect their treasure after death. Quest: The ghost of the bandit leader in the tower can't go to eternal rest because his skull has been stolen by the Nosferatu to the north(who collects corpses to have as "friends"). The party is rewarded with a special item when recovering the skull.
First campfire: Conversation with a woodcutter about the caravan, the forest, werewolves.
« Last Edit: 2014-08-11, 03:06:13 by Shapeshifter878 »

Shapeshifter878

« Reply #3 on: 2014-08-26, 02:33:53 »

Been doing some good progress on the map(s), mostly conversations and technical stuff lately. I haven't placed the trees yet, so they are just brush placeholders for now.

Old Tower

Start on the Gangrel cave

I have a conversation at the huts under attack by werewolves with responses that give humanity gain/loss, but it doesn't seem to work properly. I have looked at the SP script for the convent where Christof talks to Geza about going to the mines, so I have set up the conversation similarly:

Code: [Select]
public class BF_RegWMaiden extends Codex
{
private boolean bEntered = false;
private int humanityTrack = 0;

public void entered(int guid, int causeGUID, int captureID)
{
if(!IsPlayerGuid(causeGUID))
return;

if(bEntered == false)
{
CodexPlayer.TeleportPartyToConversation(CodexPlayer.GetCurrentPlayer(), 2);
convWMaiden(CodexPlayer.GetCurrentPlayer(), 0);
bEntered = true;
}
}

public void convWMaiden(int starterGuid, int npcGuid)
{
ExecuteConversation(starterGuid, npcGuid, "WoundedMaidenConv", "BF_WMaiden.nco", CONV_XFLAG_WANTFEEDBACK);
}

public void convreached(int starterGuid, int curEvent, int curLine, int lineDuration, int speakerGuid)
{
switch(curEvent)
{
case 0:
switch(curLine)
{
case 0:
CodexCamera.SetupCutscene(starterGuid, speakerGuid, 0);
CodexCamera.SetShot(starterGuid, CAM_SHOT_ANGULAR_B, CAM_ANGLE_MEDIUMHIGH, CAM_DIST_FULL, 0,0);
break;

case 1:
CodexCamera.SetShot(starterGuid, CAM_SHOT_ANGULAR_B, CAM_ANGLE_MEDIUMHIGH, CAM_DIST_FULL, 0,0);
break;

case 2:
break;

case 3:
break;

case 4:
break;
}

case 1:
switch(curLine)
{
case 0:
humanityTrack = 1;

break;
}

case 2:
switch(curLine)
{
case 0:
humanityTrack = -1;

break;
}
}
}

public void convended(int starterGuid, boolean bAborted, int returnValue)
{
int christofGuid = CodexThing.GuidFromCastID("Christof_Test");
CodexActor christof = new CodexActor(christofGuid);

if(humanityTrack == 1)
{
// gain humanity here
christof.AddActorEffectByLevel("ef_increasehumanity", 0, 1, 0, 0);
CodexConsole.Print(starterGuid, 0, "Christof has gained some humanity!", 0xFFFFFF);
}
else if(humanityTrack == -1)
{
// lose humanity here
christof.AddActorEffectByLevel("ef_decreasehumanity", 0, 1, 0, 0);
CodexConsole.Print(starterGuid, 0, "Christof has lost some humanity!", 0xFFFFFF);
}

CodexCamera.Release(starterGuid);
}
}

Event 0 - Line 3 & 4 are Christof's responses but currently both of them give humanity losses.
« Last Edit: 2014-08-26, 02:35:29 by Shapeshifter878 »

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #4 on: 2014-08-26, 13:56:00 »

I see the problem right off hand - you forgot to add breaks to the current event cases. I see you have breaks on each line case, but no breaks on the event cases so the system doesn't stop reading at the current event... it'll keep reading to the bottom - which is humanity track -1.

Simple syntax error.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Shapeshifter878

« Reply #5 on: 2014-09-11, 01:05:20 »

Ugh. Those breaks must have disappeared..

Wondering a thing about convstarts too...is there some kind of fixed order of the coterie members, so for example the first convstart_0 that I place in Embrace will be Christof, second Wilhem, third Serena, etc..or how does it work? I kind of want Christof to stand at the front during the conversations.
« Last Edit: 2014-09-11, 01:13:13 by Shapeshifter878 »

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #6 on: 2014-09-11, 01:43:36 »

To be quite honest, I'm not entirely sure how that works either. I developed a whole new conversation spawn script in Age of Redemption to fix that very problem and to allow me specific control over who stands where. If you would like to give my version of the convo startpoint system a go then let me know. I'll make time to write a tutorial on the subject.

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 19 queries.