Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2017-11-17, 15:04:27
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Open Nod Development section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: Layers and brushes  (Read 1047 times)

Sketchboy

Layers and brushes
« on: 2013-08-30, 09:45:05 »

I am trying to make a scene with some custom geometry, so I can have one scene with a wall and an other without, in the same map.

I sort of figured that i cant move ordinary brushes to layers, the only exist on the static layer, so I changed them into template brushes, like a door.
Then I can move them to a layer, but now they don't show up in the game (and I did remember to include the layer in scene editor), can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I thought that would be the way to change locked and unlocked exits, form scene to scene, or is that done an other way?

And how do I make my scenes appear in the MP scene list, so I can jump from one scene to the next, or is their a better way, like a "scene tricker"?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Re: Layers and brushes
« Reply #1 on: 2013-08-30, 10:18:37 »

You need to setup your scene in the chronicle nsc file. I have in depth video tutorials on Layers and Scenes. Java scripts are involved in any types of "triggers" you're attempting to make. Some useful java scripts are included with the tutorial workspace that allow scene changes. It's all in the Open Nod Development section as well as several stickied posts here on the forum.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Sketchboy

Re: Layers and brushes
« Reply #2 on: 2013-08-30, 10:54:44 »

Thanks, I will look in to that
Sorry if I keep asking the same questions as everyone asked, I guess I'm getting a little over exited.
I will take a little longer looking through the old posts first, the next time.

I figured the other thing out myself, by looking through some of the original maps.
I have to apply a tracker_thing_nohilite template to it and now it works perfectly

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 17 queries.