Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2017-09-20, 07:27:17
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Open Nod Development section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: Rounded edges  (Read 1074 times)

GreenDragon

Rounded edges
« on: 2013-06-01, 05:05:46 »

How do I make rounded edges to a rectangle brush?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Re: Rounded edges
« Reply #1 on: 2013-06-01, 09:28:59 »

Clipping (2D Window)
Clipping allows you to cut off parts of a brush. It is an extremely powerful and quick method of shaping and smoothing brushes. There are two types of clipping: Two-Point Clipping and Three-Point Clipping. Both work in the same way, but Two-Point Clipping is used much more frequently and is easier to grasp.

To place clip points, hold down Ctrl and click the right mouse button. You will see a dot with a number by it (1, 2, or 3 – you cannot place more than three clip points). You can also enter Clipping Mode by using the Selection/Clipper/Toggle Clipper Menu or the Toolbar button. When using Clipping Mode, you can place points by using Ctrl and the right mouse button or by simply clicking the left mouse button.

Ctrl-right mouse button click
Place clip points in the 2D Window

Two-Point clipping works by placing just two clip points. This creates a plane or a line between the two points. Any selected brush that this plane intersects can be clipped or split.

Three-Point clipping works by placing three clip points. This will create a plane that all three points are a part of. Think about it as a flat piece of paper that you’re using to slice through you’re selection. Each of the three points you dropped lie somewhere on the paper and when you move a point, the orientation of the plane (our piece of paper) will move to keep all the points on it.

Using three points, you can clip off any part of any brush in virtually any direction or angle you want. You’ll normally have to switch the 2D Window to the other views and keep an eye on the Camera Window to position the clip points exactly where you want them.

"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Mort

• Team
« Reply #2 on: 2013-06-02, 01:00:05 »

Id like to add to be careful when CSG Subtracting clipped brushes.  They can really chop up your brush structure.  It can be a pain at times to delete and fix things like that...
"Ordog, when I said "Give me some gold," I meant to do some cool moves; not drop a bag of gold.."

GreenDragon

« Reply #3 on: 2013-06-03, 10:33:42 »

Aha, well that sure sounds useful. Thanks for the instructions. I usually try to avoid CSG subtracting so I don't think that would be a problem.

Is there a way to save multiple selected brushes and load them later as a group? I suppose you can't use layers for this?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #4 on: 2013-06-03, 13:05:20 »

You can save and load as a prefab. Should be under file menu.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 19 queries.