Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2017-09-21, 09:05:27
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Open Nod Development section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: Making skins with pre-created upgrades?  (Read 1255 times)

Mort

• Team
Making skins with pre-created upgrades?
« on: 2013-01-03, 10:46:31 »

I'm novice at best when it comes to the not editor, but I told a buddy of mine id try and take on a task.  The problem is I don't know how to start.  What I'm wanted to do is create a new skin using pre-created skins/armor upgrades of other skins.  I'm hoping this is keeping things within the not editor since i'm not changing the models themselves, but just combining upgrades from other skins into one new skin.  I'm assuming i would need to know how to change which skin is changed to the new armor upgrades as well. I could use some direction on this one.
"Ordog, when I said "Give me some gold," I meant to do some cool moves; not drop a bag of gold.."

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Re: Making skins with pre-created upgrades?
« Reply #1 on: 2013-01-03, 12:00:13 »

Armor upgrades require multiple .NOD (models file) extensions. The extensions must be in the form of *originalmodelnames*_*armorstring*.NOD. Example:

Christof uses christof.nod, but when he puts on platemail he uses:

Christof_platemail.nod

The "platemail" string value is found in the platemail template when using not editor to search the darkages.not file. This is a specific tag on the template meant to call up a model extension. I think it's called ARMOR_MODEL. But I don't have nod sdk installed right now so i can't check.

So it's a combination of .NOD (model files) extensions and using a armor string value.

"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 19 queries.