Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2017-09-19, 11:56:37
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Open Nod Development section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: My npc summonable?  (Read 1559 times)

morgwin

• Santa Monica Police Officer
  • Team
  • Undead? yeah right man..
My npc summonable?
« on: 2012-09-03, 08:47:53 »

Hi,

I've created my working Knight (that helps Christof) but i have to spawn him in console. I was wondering how i could add him him as a summonable discipline that will also follow Christof?. I was watching how to create disciplines but i am lacking the .java files with my Codex.nob.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Re: My npc summonable?
« Reply #1 on: 2012-09-03, 09:39:08 »

There's a number of source scripts included with the NodSDKProjects workbench folder available at the Open Nod Developments page though the Nod SDK also includes numerous source java scripts which make great examples. A good script to look at from the Nod SDK would be the DisciplineSummonSoul.java and any of the other "summon" discipline scripts. Simply replacing the SpawnThing template from those scripts with your knight would do the trick. You can find the Nihilistic's .java sources within the main VTMR directory under Codex>System if you installed the Nod SDK. But the best system I ever made would consist of the following scripts with my NodSDKProjects directory:

*AoRMod>src>discipline>DisciplineEntrancement.java - This has been modified from the original Nihilistic version.
*AoRMod>src>effects>EffectDiscEntrancement.java - Heavily modified simple reference icon for players to click to "unsummon"

The above disciplines will effect targets already in the world. For disciplines that spawn a companion, the follow will make a good example:

*AoRMod>src>discipline>DisciplineSummonSoul.java - Just replace the SpawnThingNear param with your template
*AoRMod>src>effects>EffectDiscSummonSoul.java - Reference icon so players can "unsummon" companion.

Now here are the main effects:

*AoRMod>src>effects>EffectSystemPetMaster.java - My pride and joy. ;)
*AoRMod>src>effects>EffectSystemPet.java

Also be sure to check the following effects.ned values within AoRMod>AoR.nob>misc>

Code: [Select]
ef_sys_petmaster                none                    0       EffectSystemPetMaster           0       0       0       0xC0     0       0       0       0       0       0       0       0       0
ef_pet                          FXPossessedIcon         1       EffectSystemPet                 27      0       0       0x0      0       0       0       1       2       3       4       5       6
ef_disc_entrancement            entrancementIcon        0       EffectDiscEntrancement          0       0       0       0x210   0       0       0       1       2       3       4       5       6
ef_disc_summonsoul              summonSoulIcon          0       EffectDiscSummonSoul            0       0       0       0x210   0       0       0       1       2       3       4       5       6

Enjoy. ;)
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

morgwin

• Team
« Reply #2 on: 2012-09-03, 11:05:07 »

Thanks! I'll start with these now  :)

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #3 on: 2012-09-03, 11:22:26 »

Oh a word of warning:

The new system references AoRConstants.java out of AoRMod>src>aorsys>AoRConstants.java so be sure to look at the declaration references out of it or your scripts will break.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

morgwin

• Team
« Reply #4 on: 2012-09-03, 11:28:45 »

Ok, I'll keep that in mind thanks :), I'm currently watching your Discipline tutorials.

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 19 queries.