Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2017-09-20, 22:07:45
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Open Nod Development section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: Travel System  (Read 1547 times)

Barnabas

Travel System
« on: 2012-04-08, 03:41:33 »

After reviewing my work, I asked myself, if it would be possible, to add a kind of travel system into vampire. I mean a system, like in Bloodlins. Click on a taxi should open a map of the whole city and clicking on a button on the map should transfer the actor to the wished part of the city.
If this would be possible, my work would become much easier.
Sorry for my bad english ...

Mort

• Team
Re: Travel System
« Reply #1 on: 2012-04-08, 17:45:33 »

I got an idea.  How about making a bus stop of some kind  or something with a large "city layout map texture" on the wall, then have region exits made out of arrows or something that points to certain areas of the city map that is on that wall?  The player could choose their destination inside the bus stop at this location.
« Last Edit: 2012-04-08, 17:49:24 by mgust35 »
"Ordog, when I said "Give me some gold," I meant to do some cool moves; not drop a bag of gold.."

Barnabas

« Reply #2 on: 2012-04-10, 02:15:10 »

Thought about this too. But this would "cost" too many exits/playerstarts on a map, if I create more hubs. So Im afraid that I do not have playerstarts left, to enter buildings on the hub. Also Id like to have a travel system, that costs money. If the player chooses a destination, he/she has to pay for it.

Signothorn

• Team
« Reply #3 on: 2012-04-10, 09:18:27 »

What about if someone had to purchase a bus pass or a ticket to the destination? I'm thinking back to Jav's Club Abla map and it required a ticket to get in.

Barnabas

« Reply #4 on: 2012-04-10, 10:22:41 »

What about if someone had to purchase a bus pass or a ticket to the destination? I'm thinking back to Jav's Club Abla map and it required a ticket to get in.

That would be good - also talking to a cab driver, unfortunally, I do not know, how to do that.... ::)

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 19 queries.