Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2017-11-19, 16:27:59
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Open Nod Development section of e-mods.net.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How to Make a Sword for The Nod Engine  (Read 12732 times)

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Re: How to Make a Sword in Redemption
« Reply #15 on: 2010-02-22, 00:40:13 »

With some addition tweaks to the above script as well as adding scripted effects (effects.ned effects), you can actually do quite a bit with projectiles. Example:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq208prYjxU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq208prYjxU</a>
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Vlad_III

« Reply #16 on: 2010-02-22, 11:35:48 »

Good job, javokis!

Funny shuriken  :o

I am trying to apply the script proj_poison for my arrows an bolts  :P

Vlad_III

« Reply #17 on: 2010-02-22, 12:03:28 »

Just one question:

I don't find the script  " PoisonProj " in my codex folder.  It 's you who created this script???

I suppose i must do a c/c of this script in my codex folder and after this, apply the script to my projectiles  ???

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #18 on: 2010-02-22, 13:29:15 »

Yes. You have to create the script yourself. I have a video tutorial for eclipse that should give an idea on where to start. I will soon have another tutorial on eclipse for making mods, which should help.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Vlad_III

« Reply #19 on: 2010-02-23, 03:25:07 »

I will read them so.

I like particulary your tutorials step by step like "How to make a sword", cause it s very easy to understand for the noobs programmers (like me) and we have good results following yours explications  :)

If you have a step by step tuto how use embrace correctly (moving monsters, mapping...) it' will be fantastic for us. ;D

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Re: How to Make a Sword for The Nod Engine
« Reply #20 on: 2010-03-09, 17:31:06 »

I wont be doing written stuff anymore. Just video tutorials. Written tutorials take too long.

GreenDragon

« Reply #21 on: 2013-05-16, 07:07:58 »

The sword I've created is working properly except that in the information window of the weapon it says "ef_increasebloodot +10" instead of whatever description should be the correct one. Any idea why?

wesclash

« Reply #22 on: 2013-05-17, 06:18:32 »

Extract the "strings" folder from Local_Eng.nob to your main Vampire folder, then add your item and its effect to the "game.nls" and "effects.nls" files, respectively.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #23 on: 2013-05-17, 11:02:49 »

you only need one nls file with the value. Actually you could create your own nls file, but its name must start with (underscore) like so: _mysword.nls. Then put in strings folder as part of your project. Should work the same.

wesclash

« Reply #24 on: 2013-05-17, 13:02:55 »

Hunh, nice. That's a lot simpler. Good for future reference.

Vlad_III

« Reply #25 on: 2015-09-18, 04:49:38 »

Hello,

I want to add a script for an assassin's weapon (dague which effects disease), using the taf 2000 (SCRIPT)

There's a script for poisonous wepons "classPoisonous", but I dont know if there is a script like this for disease that i could use for a special dague for Assamite.

Do you know the code line for disease effect, if existing?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #26 on: 2015-09-18, 08:00:34 »

The script name is ClassInfectious.class. IMPORTANT: Be sure to always load global.not file before loading any other .not files to assure global tags stay properly. This assures stability when doing editing of other .not files.

Also note that by applying the ef_disease effect to this weapon, it will actually cause disease to the user.

Vlad_III

« Reply #27 on: 2015-09-18, 11:01:25 »

Ah, really nice, I'll use this ClassInfectious for the weapon!  ;D

I don't understand very well this note "Be sure to always load global.net before loading other .not files" ... All my templates (I modified many of them) are in the file misc/ templates. I think they are all loaded in the same time, not? For the moment, I never seen a problem with that....

"Also note that by applying the ef_disease effect to this weapon, it will actually cause disease to the user."  Yes, I was making some test for a disease effect, and adding this tag was not appropriate  ;)

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #28 on: 2015-09-18, 21:34:50 »

Check attached image. Whenever you edit another template file like darkages.not, you are editing a file that is dependent on another file. All vanilla template files depend on Global.not as its system default. Therefore, you must have global.not loaded FIRST before EVER loading any other .not files. This also assures that template tags will appear properly. Without Global.not loaded, not all tags within a template [like for example: darkages.not] will appear properly.

Vlad_III

« Reply #29 on: 2015-09-19, 02:15:24 »

Ok, I'll remember that  :)
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 17 queries.